Furry Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Anthropomorphic Themed RP Fourm.

Hegnsnogn Wars 1: Into The Forest

Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 598
    Alignment : Dark. Because being evil is just waaay to much fun.

Hegnsnogn Wars 1: Into The Forest Empty Hegnsnogn Wars 1: Into The Forest

Post  Ru360 25/6/2009, 7:19 am

((Yep. You heard me. This is a small story that's heavily based of the Warriors storyline only with a few tweaks. Also, I don't own the Hegnsnogns. They belong to a duckstapler from DA))

*~Prologue~*

Faint sunlight glowed on smooth granite boulders, turning them golden. The silence was broken by rustling in the bushes and the babbling of a light blue brook. There was stirring in the shadows, and from all around, small, rotund silhouettes moved. Sharp fangs glistened in the sunlight, wary eyes flashed like amber, and then, as if on a silent signal, the creatures leaped out at each other, and the rocks where alive with wrestling, growling hegnsnogn.

At the center of the frenzy , a dark blue and dark purple hegnsnogn pinned a jet black sow to the ground and lowered his head in anger. “Migisi!” The dark blue boar growled. “How dare you hunt in Bush Clan grounds? Resting stones is our territory!” “Not anymore it won’t…” The jet black hegnsnogn started. “Once the rest of our troops come, this will just be another Thorn Tribe hunting ground!” The sow then craned her neck over to bite Lokni in his forearm. As the powerful Bush Clan leader screeched loudly, Migisi jumped to her feet and ran a few tail-lengths away from him. The dark blue boar attempted to follow her but he was stopped as a warning shriek came from the forest. “Lokni, more Thorn Tribe Warriors coming our way!” A young sky blue and bright orange hegnsnogn yelled with panic as he was attacked by a dark orange and blood red sow from behind. “More?!” Lokni replied with a tone of angered shock as he watched more and more hegnsnogn flow out of the forest. He quickly looked around for Migisi but she had disappeared. The dark blue boar growled angrily, then responded to his friend’s cry and scrambled down the slippery rocks. Then with a mighty leap, he tackled Elsu’s attacker and sent her a tail-length away from them. As the dark orange sow squealed with surprise, Lokni raised his head slowly and deeply yelled, “We’re out numbered! Fall back!” At once his warriors squirmed free of their opponents and blundered past him. The opposing side cheered then they scattered around to different parts of the former Bush Clan territory to mark it.

As they marked, Lokni longingly watched from the forest and quietly murmured, “I was foolish to believe this was just a patrol…” The dark blue boar then turned his head towards the ground and sadly shook it. Quietly a young, aqua sow shuffled over to the great leader and pressed her small head against his large shoulder. “Don’t worry, Lokni. I’m sure we’ll win our territory back. We probably won’t this moon, but I’m sure we can!” Lokni purred and rubbed his cheek against her head. “Thank you, Catori… I admire your words… Now let’s return to camp before they give chase…”

“How is Elsu doing?” Lokni asked as he watched a light blue and pale pink sow lumber out of her burrow. “He’s doing fine, Lokni. The sow didn’t hurt him badly. He should be fine tomorrow morning. The others are fine too and they should make a full recovery just as quickly.” “Thank you, Tablita. We are lucky not to have lost any of our warriors to Thorn Tribe again. You are a truly gifted healer.” The sow bowed her head in response. “Thank you, Lokni.” The sow then raised her head. “I’m troubled by tonight’s defeat. Bush Clan has not lost in it’s territory since you became leader.” She murmured. “These are difficult times for our Clan. The season of newleaf is late, and fewer hoglets have been born then last year. We need more warriors if we are to survive…” “But this is only the beginning of the year.” Lokni pointed out calmly. “There’ll be more hoglets during greenleaf, right?” The light blue sow twitched her ears. “Perhaps. But training our young to become warriors takes time. If Bush Clan is to defend its territory; it must have new warriors as soon as possible.” Lokni shook his head sadly then raised his gaze to the sky. “Are you asking Starstream for answers?” Tablita squeaked gently, following her leader’s gaze towards the partially cloudy, dark blue sky. By now the sun was starting to set, and little patches of stars were starting to appear. “It’s at times like this when we need the words of our ancient warriors to help us…” The dark blue boar then looked Tablita back in the eyes. “Have they spoken to you, yet?” “Nope. They haven’t for many moons… I am starting to become worried...” The light blue sow replied. Suddenly a shooting star blazed over the treetops. Tablita’s tail twitched and the tentacles along her spine wriggled. Lokni’s ears pricked but he remained silent as the light blue sow continued to stare up into the sky. After a few moments Tablita lowered her head and turned to Lokni. “It was a message from Starstream,” she murmured. “A pink daisy alone can save our clan.” “A pink daisy?” Lokni echoed. “That’s preposterous! What can a flower do to save our clan?!” The sow shook her head. “I do not know,” she admitted. “But this is the message Starstream has decided to share with me.” The dark blue leader fixed his yellow and pink eyes on Tablita. “You’ve never been wrong before, Tablita.” He twittered. “But is Starstream has spoken, then it must be so. A pink daisy will save our clan...”

((What did I say?))
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Hegnsnogn Wars 1: Into The Forest Empty Re: Hegnsnogn Wars 1: Into The Forest

Post  Ru360 25/6/2009, 9:02 am

*~Chapter 1~*

It was dark, Daisy could sense something was near. The young sow’s eyes opened wide as she scanned the dense undergrowth. This place was unfamiliar, but the strange scents drew her onward, deeper into the shadows. Her stomach growled, reminding her of her hunger. She lifted her nose upwards and made quiet snuffling sounds as the scents of the forest wafted into her nose. The musty odors of leaf mold mixed with the tempting aroma of a small furry creature. “Mouse...” She murmured before letting her head rest back to her normal position. She shifted all her weight to her hackles and was beginning to stalk the mouse when a flash of cool pink and dark purple raced in front of her and stole the mouse she was hunting. “HEY!” She hissed loudly. Quickly she whirled her head around to the left, then to the right. The creature that stole her mouse was gone. She snorted slightly and stumbled over to the spot where her prey was swiped away in the bright colors. Calmly she put her nose to the ground and continued to make snuffling sounds. It was strange. It smelled like her but... Suddenly her thoughts where interrupted by a loud hiss. Daisy whirled her head around and watched with frightened eyes as another hegnsnogn attacked her.

The hegnsnogn woke up with a loud squeal then she began to pant heavily. So it was just a dream... The forest had disappeared and quickly the hegnsnogn remembered that she was in a hot and stuffy wooden house inside a metal cage where it was almost impossible to squeeze out of the bars. This wasn’t any way to live. The bright pink sow sighed and rested her head on her paws as she stared out the blinding entrance and at the silhouette of her kitty food bowl. If only that flash of cool pink and dark purple didn’t steal her mouse... “What was that dream about anyways?” The sow murmured in question as she rolled onto her feet and lumbered out of her small wooden house. However, before she could walk over to the bowl; she first had to blink in the bright sunlight that came from the window above her prison. Judging by the sun’s height, it was about nine in the morning. It’s almost sunhigh... The sow let out a loud yawn and stretched her arms forward. As she did so; she gripped calmly onto the cloth underneath her paws and made a few biscuits before the yawn was finally over. Jeez. That was my biggest yawn yet... I could probably chew off a twoleg finger with these yawns... The sow thought as she yawned again. Fortunately it was a lot smaller this time. Once she was done with the yawns she licked her lips. The stale, unappealing smell of cat food waved into her nostrils; which caused her face to scrunch up in disgust. Why can’t they ever just give me turkey? It tastes so much better... Oh well. The young sow then sleepily staggered over to the bowl and put her mouth into it. The dry, round bits of the kibble kept constantly falling out of her mouth. It wasn’t really a wonder why she was so thin. In the middle of her eating she turned around to bite at the bow around her tail. In her dream she had felt the cool wind ruffling the fur where her bow usually itched. As she tried to tear it off; an adult twoleg walked over to her cage and opened up the roof. Within a few seconds she was scooped up and held against the twoleg’s chest. She waited until she was set down; surprisingly, into the cool, wet grass.

Calmly, the sow put her nose down against the wet grass and sniffed it as the twoleg began to take off the pink bow around her tail. Fortunately Daisy was too busy with exploring to notice him take it off and walk inside. As soon as he went inside; a black queen with a few patches of white appeared on the fence. “Hey, I haven’t seen you outside before, Daisy.” The cat calmly mewed in greeting. Daisy craned her neck around to look at the thin black cat. “Oh, hey, Princess! Yeah, this is pretty new to me…” The sow then turned to continue sniffing the grass. “What’s even more strange is you’re here while your twolegs are driving away.” Princess commented calmly. Daisy’s eyes widened and she whirled around to stare straight i. around completely and stared up into the eyes of the much larger cat. “WHAT?!” She squealed, her expression coated in fear. Princess nodded. “If you want you can stay with me and my twolegs.” The queen replied calmly. Daisy shook her head side to side. “They’re probably going to work and abandoning me. As usual…” “Then how come your bow is missing?” Princess mewed as she pointed to the hegnsnogn’s tail with her paw. Daisy craned her neck to look at her tail. “Aah! What?! Why?! Who?!” The rosy pink sow squealed loudly as she chased her tail. After a while she eventually stumbled and fell onto her side. “Why would they have abandoned me? Don’t they love me?” Daisy made sad snuffling sounds. “You constantly complain about the dry food they give you…” Princess reminded her. “Besides, you I guess you use this as an opportunity to find out where you came from.” Daisy looked up at the cat. “You mean go into the forest?” Princess nodded and stood up. “Yep. Now I must go. I hear my twolegs calling for me. Good luck, Daisy. I’ll miss you.” The black cat then turned away and jumped off the fence and into her yard. “I’ll miss you too, Princess!” Daisy yelled after her friend. Once again the garden was quiet with nothing but the wind blowing against the branches of the trees...
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 14/7/2009, 1:26 pm

“Well, here I go…” Daisy murmured as she got to her feet and lumbered over to the brownish-tan fence. She looked up and down it until finding a hole over in the corner near Princess’s fence. As the hegnsnogn walked closer to the hole; she was relieved and partly terrified to find that she could fit through it. As she stuck her head through it, she could see the huge forest lying before her. But despite being a bit frightened, she still squirmed through the hole and padded into the forest.

It was just like in her dream. Well… Almost. It was mostly dark except for a few streaks of sunlight. The scent of the strange plants and trees wafted up to her nose. Among these scents, she could smell a mouse. The sow licked her lips happily and followed the scent and when she saw the mouse she ducked down behind a rosebush. She then began to stalk the tiny creature quietly and carefully… Soon she was within a tail-length of it. Without thinking, she pushed back with her feet and could feel herself gliding towards it. Then suddenly, the sound of a twig snapping alerted the mouse and just as soon as it started to run, a cool pink and dark purple snatched it up and stopped somewhere in the bushes. Daisy squealed loudly as she collided with the ground. That stupid blur! The rosy pink sow jumped to her feet and began to make angry clicking noises. Suddenly there was rustling behind her again. Oh no… The sow whirled her head around and watched with frightened eyes as another hegnsnogn attacked her. However, instead of dying the dream seemed to picture, the cool pink sow only pinned her to the ground and growled viciously in her face. “Who are you and why do you smell of twolegs?!” She growled. “I-I’m Daisy…” Daisy started nervously and with a stutter. “And my twolegs abandoned me. So rather then stay around in the garden, hoping they’d come back, I crawled out of a small hole in the fence and walked into the forest…” The feral sow raised her eyebrow at the domesticated hegnsnogn, then got off of her and began to clean her face. “Yeah well… This is Bush Clan territory… So you’d better leave before my mentor gets here.” She murmured. Daisy struggled to her feet. “I’m not scared! Besides, I have no where to go!” The rose pink hegnsnogn shouted bravely. The opposing feral quietly hissed at her. “Stop with all that racket! If Cholena hears you, you’re gonna be in big-” The feral sow was interrupted by the sound of another twig snapping. Nervously she turned her head around and both of them watched as a larger and older purple and aqua sow lumbered out. “Adsila, why are you talking to this domestic? You’re supposed to be hunting for our clan! We need food!” “Too late…” Adsila murmured quietly as she fearfully walked up to the large sow. Both Daisy and the wild sow watched as Adsila curled up next to the feral, then they looked at each other. “Don’t you have some twolegs to get back too?” “I wouldn’t even if they didn’t abandon me!” Daisy snapped back with sudden bravery. The purple and aqua sow growled. “You should stop that! Such bravely talking with such stupidity can get you killed in the wild!” The purple sow then turned to the cool pink sow. “Come, Adsila, we should get out of here before her twoleg germs rub off on us…” The larger hegnsnogn then turned and walked back into the forest. Daisy sighed. “But I don’t have any twolegs… Not anymore…” She murmured as she sadly sat there.

Adsila glanced back at the domestic and frowned. The larger sow noticed this and hissed sternly, “Stop pitying her. We have no room in our clan for a domestic.” “But don’t we need more warriors?” Adsila protested as she suddenly stopped. The sow nodded. “But if we allow her to stay in our clan it will just be another, useless, mouth to feed. We need STRONG warriors. Not a pet… Besides, even if we did bring her back, I don’t think Catori would appreciate our choice.” “But she won’t last a day in the wild by herself!” Adsila protested once more. The young hegnsnogn then got to her feet and declared, “I’m gonna go invite her to join the clan.” Before running off. The sow growled. “Silly child… But she’s right… We’re slowly dying from Thorn Tribe’s attacks…”

“Hey!” Adsila greeted as she approached Daisy. The rosy sow lifted her head to look up at Adsila. “What do you want?” She asked with a slight growl. Adsila stopped approaching the domesticated hegnsnogn and took a step back. “Listen, you wouldn’t last for the rest of the day in the wild. My mentor Cholena and I are offering you to come back with us. If you’re lucky maybe our leader will allow you to train to become a warrior like me!” “What do you say?” Cholena asked as she lumbered over to the two hoglets. Obviously she finally agreed with her apprentice. Daisy nodded and stood up. “I’d like that…” She murmured. Cholena let out a slight snort. “Oh great…” She murmured in an upset tone. “Catori’s gonna have my head for this…” Meanwhile Adsila walked over to the former pet and gave her an affectionate lick between the ears. As Daisy flinched slightly, Cholena continued the conversation with, “The path you have now chosen is a dangerous and difficult one. You must obey our rules, and serve your new clan with undying loyalty. –Because you will occasionally be faced with the fact that you might even have to risk your life in battle.” “O-okay…” Daisy murmured nervously. Cholena gave a nod and turned to her apprentice. “We’ll be heading back to camp now, Adsila, but remember you’re still on your hunting mission.” “Okay, Cholena!” The young sow replied happily. But before she left, Adsila turned and gave Daisy a wink. “You’re welcome..” She murmured before running into the bushes. Meanwhile, Cholena lumbered behind Daisy and pushed her forward with her head. She then walked around to the front of the domestic and nodded. “Okay, kid, I don’t know how I ended up following Adsila’s little plan; but if you get lost, I’m not helping you.” The large purple sow then broke into a sudden, clumsily paced run. Daisy staggered behind her, keeping up surprisingly well..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28/3/2024, 12:39 pm